At Curb, we are reimagining urban mobility. We take on the complex challenges that come with building the mobility network of the future. Our products efficiently and reliably move people by engaging drivers, businesses, transportation operators and regulators.
Our teams are lean, agile and execution focused. At Curb, you will ship features every few weeks, features that impact millions of riders. You will experience the addictive thrill that comes with products that operate at scale and along the way learn every day. If you are curious, passionate and are looking for a collaborative environment where you can feel the impact of your work every day, join us, and together let’s move people.
Curb Mobility, LLC in Tysons, VA seeks Senior Software Engineers.
- Responsible for developing a core taxi supply engine and for architecting, developing, and operating a distributed system that processes many millions of transactions taking into account scalability, reliability and performance considerations.
- Design backend system, data structure, algorithms and asynchronous architecture for taxi ride fulfillment of Curb platform allowing customers to request taxis on-demand.
- Implement and develop Application Programming Interface (API) and service interfaces for third-party dispatch systems, developers and mobile applications; develop dispatching algorithms, ETA predictions, and ride lifecycle management software programs.
- Support the development of a high performing team of software engineers and grow and mentor the technical skills within the team.
- Build unit and integration tests within automated test-driven environments to ensure quality, and monitor the strength of testing applied by the rest of the team.
- Manage all technical requirements and assume responsibility for full life-cycle web application development in current technology stack including Ruby Development, Java, MySQL and Postgres programming languages and tools.
- Follow best practices (SCRUM Agile environment, test-driven development, behavior driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, code standards) of software development processes.
- Drive continuous adaptation and integration of relevant new technologies into design; research and development in data analytics and analytic algorithms.
Requirements: Position requires a Bachelor of Science degree, or foreign equivalent, in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field plus 5 years of progressively responsible software development experience with data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architecture; scalability, reliability and performance considerations; application programming interface (API) development and Service interfaces for developers, 3rd parties, and mobile applications; Scrum Agile environment, and Test-Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development software development processes; research & development in data analytics and analytic algorithms; Ruby Development, Java, MySQL, and Postgres programing languages and tools. Position will require limited US based travel (10%). Multiple positions. Please send resume to Attn:. CM-22102-ENGSW001 to firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/AA employer. No calls.