At Curb, we are reimagining urban mobility. We take on the complex challenges that come with building the mobility network of the future. Our platform efficiently and reliably moves people by engaging passengers, drivers, businesses, transportation operators, and regulators. Curb is a fast-growing team headquartered in Long Island City NY, with offices in Northern Virginia, and London. We are passionate entrepreneurs and creative thinkers, with a strong bias for action and deep roots in transportation and technology.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial person to lead the expansion of our Ride-hailing operations in Washington D.C. As a strategic leader, you will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations and service management at a macro and micro level to ensure growth, scale, and profitability. You will be responsible for owning and refining the operational processes at the heart of moving thousands of passengers daily. You must be proficient at applying best practices to ensure rider expectations are met and exceeded. You are process-driven, detail-oriented, and organized, but also excited to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You know how to create order out of chaos – and you love doing so. You must be a data-driven decision-maker, someone who can drive process optimizations based on analytics.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead and oversee the expansion of consumer ride-hailing, business, and paratransit programs in the Washington, D.C. area. Key activities include growing and managing programs that span across supply, demand and service operations, with a focus on profitability.
- Serve as key customer-facing representative for business development and ongoing relationship management to transit agencies, local healthcare facilities, and other business-to-business clients.
- Partner with Product, Customer Support, Marketing, and Business Development organizations to implement and refine processes to ensure our mobility services are operating efficiently to achieve KPIs for local clients and riders.
- Problem solve. We operate a technology platform that delivers service to passengers in dynamic urban environments. We encounter new challenges each day, and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen.
- Communicate product/process needs to product/engineering and ensure the effective utilization of delivered features.
What You’ll Need to Have
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in business operations, consulting, mobility, two-sided marketplaces, or an equivalent field. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience in a startup or other fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in relationship management with both external and internal stakeholders. Sales or participation in the sales process a plus.
- A healthy balance of analytics, project management, and interpersonal skills. You’ve managed a small to the medium-sized team.
- Ability to wear many different hats and solve complex problems, exercising good judgment swiftly in an environment of rapid change and evolving priorities
- Ability to learn new skills and grow with the role. As Curb continues to expand, this role will be charged with directing and overseeing additional projects and market expansions..
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills, comfort learning and using new software tools.
- Clear communications style (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships, lead a team, manage employees, and create a hard-working but fun workplace – experience with third-party and independent contractor workforces a plus.
Curb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.