At Curb, we are reimagining urban mobility. We take on the complex challenges that come with building the mobility network of the future. Our products efficiently and reliably move people by engaging drivers, businesses, transportation operators and regulators.
Our teams are lean, agile and execution focused. At Curb you will ship features every few weeks, features that impact millions of riders. You will experience the addictive thrill that comes with scale and along the way impact the lives of everyday people. If you are curious, passionate and are looking for a collaborative environment where you can feel the impact of your work every day, join us, and together let’s move people.
The Curb core engine team is looking for a passionate hands-on Ruby on Rails developer with a background in transaction and event-driven web services. You will be developing impactful, high-performance software using current technologies and patterns. You should have strong technical abilities, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You must be comfortable working in an agile environment that regularly delivers quality releases and responds quickly to user needs. Most of all, you should love creating things and take pride in building cool solutions for customers.
If you have a passion for how web services should be built, care about making other people’s lives better, and thrive in a goal driven environment, then we’d love to talk to you!
– 2+ years of software development experience.
– 1+ years of experience in Ruby development.
– Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related degree.
– Strong OO design and coding skills.
– Fluent in data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures.
– Experience with MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server.
– Experience upgrading RoR apps to latest versions of Rails and Ruby
– Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
– Understands Unit testing (Minitest, Mocha, Shoulda, RSpec)
– Has a sound understanding of scalability, reliability and performance considerations
– Experience with git
– Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum and Test Driven Development.
Curb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.