We scoured driver forums and asked some of our best Curb drivers for advice on how to make the most of every trip and get the best tips from your passengers.
Here are 10 tips for getting better tips!
- Treat your vehicle like your office – keep it clean and organized.
- When a passenger enters the vehicle, introduce yourself.
- If you have your radio on, ask the passenger if they prefer a different station.
- Ask the passenger if they are in a hurry and if there is a preferred route. Your passenger will appreciate your attention to their situation!
- If your passenger isn’t on the phone or otherwise occupied, ask them how their day is going.
- Ask the passenger if the temperature in your car is ok. Offer to adjust the heat or air conditioning.
- Thank the passenger for hailing you or booking with the Curb app. Passengers have lots of options for transportation, so let them know you appreciate them choosing a taxi.
- Avoid using your personal phone, unless you need it for GPS.
- Always help the passenger with large luggage and, if the area permits, open the door for them (it’s also a good way to stretch your legs!).
- Smile! You never know what kind of day your passenger is having and a smile is a sure way to make it better.
Do you have other tips for providing great rides? We want to hear from you! Send your advice to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be featured in an upcoming Curb newsletter!