United Airlines: The New United in NYC
United Airlines’ objective was to dispel the myth that travel time to JFK Airport is faster than to Newark Airport (EWR).
Curb’s GPS enabled digital taxi tops were engineered to show a real-time comparison of the travel times between the taxi itself and both JFK and Newark airports. The digital displays were designed to be 100% dynamic and update in real time with every change in the taxi’s position and evolving traffic patterns.
United Airlines’ campaign was scheduled to run from May through August, the summer months during which air travel is at an annual peak.
250 digital taxi top screens generated 4,400,000 impressions each month of the campaign. The campaign generated national attention and widespread press coverage, and was so successful United Airlines decided to extend it through the end of the year.
- 2017 Silver OBIE Award – Contextual OOH
- 2017 Bronze OBIE Award – Transportation & Tourism
- 2017 MediaPost DOOH Award – Transportation & Tourism
- 2017 Silver Cannes Lions (Creative Data)
- 2017 Bronze Cannes Lions (Media)