At Curb, we are reimagining urban mobility. We take on the complex challenges that come with building the mobility network of the future. Our products efficiently and reliably move people by engaging drivers, businesses, transportation operators and regulators.
Our teams are lean, agile, and execution-focused. At Curb, you will ship features every few weeks – features that impact millions of riders. You will experience the addictive thrill that comes with building products that operate at scale and you’ll learn something new every step of the way. If you are curious, passionate, and are looking for a collaborative environment where you can feel the impact of your work everyday, join us, and together let’s move people.
The Curb Core Engine Team is looking for a passionate hands-on Senior Java Developer with an established background in transaction and event-driven web services. You will be developing impactful, high-performance software using current technologies and patterns. You should have strong coding abilities, a deep understanding of object-oriented design patterns, and experience with services based architectures and relational databases. Great communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment are also key. You should be comfortable working with other server, web, and mobile developers in an agile environment that regularly delivers quality releases and responds quickly to user needs. Most of all, you should love creating things and take pride in building cool features for users.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Java/J2EE development
- Knowledge of database design, queries, and geospatial databases
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle, MS SQLServer
- Strong OO design and coding skills
- Fluent in data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Understanding of unit testing
- Sound understanding of scalability, reliability, and performance considerations
- Proficiency in developing API and service interfaces for developers/third parties/mobile applications
- Fluency with *nix command line
- Experience with the following: git, NoSQL databases, AWS stack (ec2, api gateway, dynamodb, cloudwatch, etc), serverless technologies (lambda, google functions, pubnub), queuing systems (rabbitmq, sqs), ejabberd
- Experience owning mission critical, 24×7 systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum and Test Driven Development
- Experience with Chef is a plus
Curb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.