At Curb, we are reimagining urban mobility. Our platform efficiently and reliably moves people by engaging passengers, drivers, businesses, transportation operators, and regulators. Every day we take on the exciting challenges that come with building the mobility network of the future. Our teams of passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and change-makers are in Long Island City, NY (HQ), Northern Virginia, Las Vegas, and London.
Our teams are lean, agile and execution-focused. At Curb, you will ship features every few weeks, features that impact millions of riders. You will experience the addictive thrill that comes with products that operate at scale and along the way learn every day. If you are curious, passionate and are looking for a collaborative environment where you can feel the impact of your work every day, join us, and together let’s build the mobility network of the future.
Our Vehicle & Driver Systems teams are looking from a Program Manager. This role is embedded in the teams that build products that drivers and riders use in the vehicle. The products are Android Apps that are mounted on the dash, payment solutions that are rider facing and cloud products that manage processing and dispersing payments. This is a highly execution focused role. Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail-oriented, with excellent problem-solving abilities. As Program Manager, you will move complex products through the engineering lifecycle, and support our operations post-launch. You will drive process improvement through organized alignment, teamwork, and comprehensive communication with a constant eye on the big picture objectives. You will be responsible for setting/driving roadmaps, supervising delivery schedule, reporting status, and holding the bar on product quality.
What you will do:
- Be an active member of the Vehicle & Driver Systems team ensuring your work enables the multi-disciplinary program objectives to be met.
- Own the successful launch of products and ensure this is done on time and within budget.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts (post-launch) to serve our internal and external customers. You will own the success of the launch.
- Document and review epics and tickets
- Track key KPI’s such as team velocity, quality metrics, utilization
- Build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Manage multi-team sprint ceremonies and run the agile process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent experience.
- Sound understanding of Agile Methodologies (the ability to serve as a scrum master a big +)
- Experienced at working closely with product managers and designers.
- Seasoned at using Jira, Trello or other agile requirements management tools.
- 4+ years of experience in project management in the software/hardware industry, supporting a highly technical environment. (PMP certification a big+)
- Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale. Proven experience managing cross-organizational programs and the ability to set and hold teams and individuals to timelines and deliverables without explicit authority.
- 2+ years of experience in the payments industry
- 2+ years’ software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale, web/mobile projects to delivery and completion
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience designing and operating high scale mobile/web-applications and/or web-services in production
- Broad knowledge of programming languages, architecture principles (API), networking, and software development best practices.
Curb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.